Inspired by posts with useful links at blog by Piotr Paradziński I decided to create similar one with package containing interesting materials about Wicket and accompanying libraries. I am going to update this post in the future as new things appear.
Most important links
- Project official website
- Very active and very helpful mailing list
- Live examples of components usage – link i mirror
- Project Wiki
- Dzone Refcard about Apache Wicket
- Javadocs of Apache Wicket projects – javadocs of Wicket, Wicket-extensions and some other Wicket libraries in one place
- Latest Javadocs for 1.4.15 Wicket version
Wicket extras, add-on libraries and tools
- wiQuery – jQuery integration with Wicket
- WicketCool – project by Paul Szulc helping with rapid application development using Wicket, Spring 3 and JPA2.
- Maven archetypes for Wicket by jWeekend – project starters with many different technologies: JDBC, JPA, Spring 3.0, Hibernate, Guice or WarpPersist
- Enhanced Wicket Tester – improved version of WicketTester project making testing Wicket app much easier, also from Paul Szulc.
- Brix, CMS using Wicket
- Visural Wicket – set of very attractive, interactive and useful Wicket components (live demo)
- Wicketopia – Rapid Application Development (RAD) library for Wicket framework
- FiftyFiveWicket – set of tools increasing productivity of development process using Wicket (helper methods, wrappers for integration with Spring, etc.)
- Two [one] [two], extremely good presentations from workshops by Mystic Coders
- Interesting 5-part tutorial by Mystic Coders
- Set of articles, tutorials about Wicket – link
- Wicket Patterns & Pitfalls: very good tutorial about Open Session in View in Wicket and about solving typical problems while developing application using this framework: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Articles about Wicket at jWeekend website
- Apache Wicket – a little different framework, Rafał Jaskółka (in Polish)
- Many very good posts about Wicket on blog by Jacek Laskowski (in Polish)
- Wicket by example: blog with many examples presenting how to do different tasks using Wicket
- Wicket dos and don’ts, article showing what to do and what not to do when we use Wicket framework in our project
- London Wicket Group – slideshows and other materials from programmers using Wicket
- Web appplication using Wicket, Spring and Hibernate by James Carman
- MysticPaste by Mystic Coders – code snippets pastebin with sources available at GitHub
I hope somebody, except me of course , will find this post useful.
Last updated: 16/07/2011